The 5th Annual Sunflower Festival at Maple Lawn Farms
Enjoy the 5th annual Sunflower Festival at Maple Lawn Farms. With 8-acres and over 187,000 sunflowers in bloom, the festival is the largest, most diverse pick-your-own sunflower patch East of the Mississippi River.
The farmers at Maple Lawn Farms planted 8-acres or approximately 8 football fields of sunflowers. In one section, it’s planted full of the classic yellow sunflowers that will mature at about 5 feet tall.
In another section, visitors get to see around 40 different varieties planted in display plots to show off exotic, multi-colored varieties. In “Land of the Giants,” towering sunflowers form pathways to explore. The “Red Sea” is nearly a full acre of deep, velvety-red sunflowers, unlike anything we’ve planted before.
In “The Wilds,” guests may pick their included sunflower, or pick their pre-purchased 6, 12, or 18 sunflowers from a mixture of over 40 different varieties! All different sizes and colors displayed are ornamental sunflowers.
Relax, get a bite to eat, and even enjoy a glass of wine from Maple Lawn Winery under the enormous white tent and enjoy the lawn – all right in the middle of the Sunflower Fields!
The NEW Safety Plan for the Age in which we live:
Your safety and the safety of our staff is the top priority. We are looking forward to your visit, and have just a few new processes and procedures for guests to follow:
- Social distancing remains important and all guests are asked to remain a minimum of 6-feet from other guests and staff.
- We are enhancing our timed-ticketing program to limit the total number of guests to 50% of our total capacity. NO tickets will be sold at the gate.
- General admission ticket holders should plan to enjoy a two-hour experience. Most guests for the last 3 festivals averaged 1.5-2 hrs per visit, so this is unlikely to be an inconvenience.
- Guests and staff are required to wear masks during arrival, transportation on the wagons, and when walking through the patch. You may, of course, remove your masks for picture taking 🙂
- Guests should plan to bring gloves to use during loading on the ride wagons and while using the flower cutters.
Sunflower “Early Bloomers Weekend Aug. 6th-8th:
This is the early opening and this is a non-festival weekend with a tractor ride and picking, but no food service or LIVE music. It’s meant to be a day in the flowers. Just $10 for children (ages 3-10yrs, 0-2yrs are FREE), $18 Adults (ages 11-101yrs), BUT online ticketing discounts offer the chance to purchase tickets at up to $8 OFF – Purchase Early! Each ticket includes admission, wagon ride to the fields, and one sunflower bloom of the guest’s choice. Friday & Saturday 10am-5pm also Sunday 1pm-5pm.
NOTE: Not all varieties may be blooming yet!
Sunflower Festival General Public Admission Aug 13th-15th and Aug 20th-22nd:
Each ticket includes admission, wagon ride to the fields, and one sunflower of the guest’s choice. Choose the time you would like to visit to get the maximum amount of time in the sunflower fields. Friday Family Day Festival Hours are 10am-5pm. Saturday Sunflower Festival Hours 10am-8:30pm. Sunday Sunflower Festival Hours 1pm-6pm. *We will close and clear the fields at time stated above on each day. Please plan accordingly.
No pets are permitted on the grounds or at the Festival. Thank you for understanding. Service animals are permitted with proper identification.
NEW Options for Sunflower Enthusiasts! If you LOVE sunflowers, you can make the festival, even more, your very own with our NEW VIP options.
- Want two different views? The Sunflower FlexPass is valid for ANY two days including Early Bloomers, so you can enjoy two different views of the event.
- Is the sunflower field your happy place? The Sunflower ULTIMATE Access Pass is valid for EVERY day of the event and includes a bloom with every visit.
- Are you totally into sunflowers? The Sunflower Spectacular Pass is the ULTIMATE, every-day access with a bloom on every visit, plus your choice of (1) signature bucket with 10 blooms, (2) wine serving vouchers and 20% bottles of wine for pass holders. (21 and Older Only. All ID’s will be checked- Purchased on the grounds at the Festival Wine Cube only.)
“Each year is an adventure in color,” says Matt Posey, Farm Manager at Maple Lawn Farms. “It’s agriculture. Our guests will have to be forgiving if the sunflowers don’t all cooperate, but when it happens, it should be a wonderful show.”